søndag 21. november 2010

Inception



I watched Inception last night.

A bit overdue for a dreamer like myself, but still. I never was a fan of Leonardo di Crapio and seeing Inception didn´t change that. I think it was a quite good action movie though. It had a few good takes on dreaming in general and lucid dreaming in particular, but on the whole, too much action and too few dreamtwists for my taste.

I choose the still from the movie as an illustration purely because of the room number. I don´t know if you know, but there is a swedish movie from way back in 1964 called "491". It was an adaption of a book by Lars Görling, directed by Vilgot Sjöman and feautered, among other outrageous things, the actress Lena Nyman being raped by a dog. A very controversial movie for it´s time, as you can imagine. The title comes from the Bible; Petrus asks Jesus "Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Till seven times?" and Jesus´s answer is "I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."
Ok, so how much is seventy times seven? Alas: it´s 490. So if you choose to read it litteraly, sin number 491 is the one that you don´t have to forgive..!
I always liked that title a lot, and now the number pops up, as a hotel room number, in a dreamrelated movie from Hollywood. Coincidense? Yes, probably! But all the same...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar